Friday, January 17, 2014

Sew Cute: Part 2

Here is the other cake that I was blessed to work on. It came out so cute! I also saw pictures of the birthday boy after he had it, it was of course, even more adorable smeared all over those precious little hands. I have to say, 1st birthday cakes are my favorite. I genuinely love making the smash cakes and seeing pictures of them after the destruction

This cake was so much fun to make. My daughters loved watching it come to life. They had to check on the models every day to make sure they were drying well for "the baby".  My daughters are very interested in my work and enjoy helping when and where they can (IE decorating an extra cake with leftover icing so I don't just have to chuck it all).  They also LOVE when I do models. They're convinced that they're either real animals or toys to play with.


 The Lion is 100% edible. Every adorable inch of him.

The Zebra was supposed to be completely edible, however, it turned out his large (but adorable) head needed some extra support. 


They Turned Out PERFECT. 

 I love how it looks like the Zebra is just chowing down on the grass. 


They are seriously, so cute!


The cake itself is double layered with buttercream grass and fencing. 

I'll have another exciting cake this weekend, and February is looking bright as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment