Monday, April 7, 2014

Chicka Chicka Chicka Chicka CHOOO CHOOOO....


This cake is one of the first shaped cakes that I have done without using a cake mold.  Parts of it were tricky... the curves didn't want to hold up after they were cut and tended to tear as the underlying layer of buttercream was laid.. However, we  worked around that and perservered!!



I piped around the fondant elements with the same blue icing I used to pipe onto the cakeboard. I wanted to add a bit of cohesion with it, and it helped with the humidity issue I was having (the fondant pieces were not laying flat on their own, they were wanting to fold and roll.... eventually I will get used to the differences in weather down here. 



I absolutely adore the coal bin in the back. It was time intensive, doing the layers of rolled coal, but worth it. 


I also got to play with my cookie recipes a bit!  They were very time intensive when it came to the icing, but they're so cute!!









 Altogether this was a very time intensive order, that had several challenges. I loved it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment