Monday, March 3, 2014

An exercise in fondant...

This cake is actually from a while back. I will say that it was one of the most nerve-wracking cakes I've done to date. Not because of the difficulty, but because the girl the cake was for had allergies. Luckily, I've been blessed for the most part with my girls. There are no major allergies, although Chloe keeps flirting with lactose intolerance. However, If they did have allergies I know that I would be absolutely terrified of someone else preparing their food, which is why I was so nervous about this cake. The ingredients were double and triple checked to make sure that they were nut free, and then, only then did I get to work on the cake.  


The cake itself is a delicious double chocolate cake, made from scratch (as was the icing and fondant) and featuring Hershey's unsweetened cocoa. 

On top of the chocolate buttercream is marshmallow fondant. Because of the lightness of the colors, I decided not to go with chocolate fondant, but oh, how good that would have been! The basic shape for the logo was cut from the fondant and then hand painted, to allow for greater detail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment