Tuesday, March 4, 2014

na na nananananana na na nanananana.... BATMAN!

Ok, so the title of this post makes it obvious what it is about.... yup! A batman cake! Featuring Batman, the Joker, Harley Quinn, and Nightwing!  Images were taken from the movies and Arkham Asylum and used to cut the fondant shapes, at this point they were then hand painted. The quartered fondant was rolled into the pattern seen, rather than cutting and laying each piece separately. 


I don't normally have the opportunity to work on "boy cakes", although they are growing in number, so anytime I get to do something that is not purple or princess related I'm pretty stoked. 


I think next time I would leave the fondant cutouts to dry a bit before painting, so I could get greater detail, and roll the fondant thinner before cutting it, but all in all I'm happy with how this came out!


No comments:

Post a Comment