Monday, March 3, 2014

Fan Favorites!


I've done a couple of fanboy/girl inspired cakes lately! This Dr. Who cake was the latest (I've been hooked on the series since I was a child so I'm posting it first.) First all, I would like to say I am way to emotionally invested in my Doctors, I cry, often, such as the Ponds' goodbye, and of course, Goodbye to the Raggedy man. 

This cake is based upon the Eleven's costume, and the often uttered phrase, "Bowties are cool". 

 This was the third bowtie I made, it's not quite perfect, but it was as close as I was going to get. 
I love the details of the buttons and the threading along the shirt. So much fun!

The shirt itself is a plain marshmallow fondant, the jacket and bowtie are both done from a chocolate fondant. The bowtie was then tinted red and the fabric pattern was handpainted on the jacket. 


Bowties are cool, yes, yes they are, and Raggedy Man you will be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment