Monday, September 16, 2013

Wallets and other fun things.

     I decided the other day that I wanted a new wallet, a larger wallet, one that would hold receipts, coupons, lists.. and whatever else I might decide to throw into it.  I looked around for one I liked and saw several.. then I had the thought.. "Hey! I can make this!" So I did!

     This began my 3 day journey into researching patterns and tutorials. Several trips to find fabric that might co-ordinate with the stash I had hiding in the garage. (Yes, I must hide my fabric or the mini crafters will start... crafting with it). Finally, pattern in hand, tutorials in view.. I decided to jump in. (I should mention that all of this has also been occuring while I am struggling to give up pop/soda .. that may or may not have made this more of a battle than it should have been).

The wallet came together easily enough. The card holders, they're not as spiffy as I had wished.. I am planning a new attack later.. I will get something I like and I will master it. MASTER IT!  But until then (and since I don't actually have any business cards yet) these will do.

Now I'm sure you're tired of my rambling so we'll get to the good parts, the pictures!

Starting off with some hand-sewing

Some mighty fine top-stitching

more embellishment

A break for the cool kids in shades


back to the grind, hating this at this point


Holy crap I did it!

Super Roomy! 

Since that worked out so well, decided to make card holders also!




Super cute together! Even if some of the stitches need cleaned up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment