Friday, December 6, 2013

Whoops!

This post has been a long time coming, and for that I apologize! It's been a very hectic time for us with the holidays. (Family in and out, unexpected work trips... ) but enough for excuses! I was blessed with the opportunity to do a very lovely cake a few weeks ago. (Eek! I am so behind!). It's a spongebob cake, and yes while girls do watch spongebob as well as boys.. mine don't, they are fully princessified (except for Zoey, she's my rebel). So I was very glad to have an opportunity to revisit this character and do a more elaborate cake.

This cake was for a first birthday (So special!) and needed a smash cake to go with the main cake (a 3D shaped spongebob) I tossed around a few ideas in my head,  the two main ideas I had were a jellyfish or a crabby patty... the crabby patty won and turned out absolutely adorable!

Enough jabbering away (especially since even with this post I'm still behind :D) here are the pics!


6" round, 3 layer smash cake, white cake with butter cream icing. It came out so adorable that my Chloe wanted it as her cheeseburger for dinner!


A close up of the face, the nose turned out so cute! And the texturing of the fondant for the sponge, way cuter than I had thought it would be!


This is as close of a full size shot that I have (for some reason). He also had fondant legs, with socks and shoes. Honest!, They were there!  He turned out so  adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment